Take your dog and cat to Airside, a pet-friendly shopping mall in Kai Tak
[Kai Tak’s latest pet landmark] AIRSIDE pet-friendly shopping mall | Pet playground | AIRSIDE dog guide
AIRSIDE is a new landmark of Nan Fung Group in Kai Tak. AIRSIDE is located in the Kai Tak Development Area, covering an area of 1.9 million square feet.
AIRSIDE advocates an urban lifestyle of "Wholeness" and integrates sustainable development into new shopping malls and multi-purpose commercial spaces.
Kai Tak AIRSIDE combines shopping and artistic life, covering an area of 700,000 square feet. This latest and most eye-catching landmark in Kowloon East will officially launch its first phase of trial operation on September 28, 2023!
In addition, the mall is pet-friendly and provides a 6,000-square-foot urban farm and sky garden. Many restaurants are pet-friendly, and I saw many customers bringing their pets with them that day.
AIRSIDE Dog Walking Guide Article Table of Contents
1. Pet communion area
AIRSIDE provides many pet-friendly areas, but grassland is currently not included in the inclusive areas.
The following is AIRSIDE’s pet-friendly area:
- Underground AIRSIDE open air plaza Indoor space of underground shopping mall, 2nd floor sky farm, 6th floor sky garden
2. Pet-friendly services
AIRSIDE provides pet-friendly services, including "pet drinking basin" and "pet cart" rental services.
However, it should be noted that the borrowed pet car can only be used within the AIRSIDE area, and a deposit is also required.
3. Pet supplies services
In addition to renting "pet water basins" and "pet cars", AIRSIDE will also provide:
- pet diapers
- pet poop bags
4. Opening hours and address
- Address: 2 Concorde Road, Kai Tak, Kowloon
- Opening hours: Monday to Sunday: 12pm to 9pm
5. Other rules and their details
In addition to the above services and information, dogs and owners need to abide by the following terms to ensure everyone's safety.
- Pets must not be left unsupervised or on a leash under any circumstances.
- Each pet owner is not allowed to bring more than 2 pets to AIRSIDE.
- Dogs must be vaccinated against rabies and all pets must be vaccinated against common infectious diseases. Original vaccination certificate may be required to be presented to staff before admission to AIRSIDE is allowed.
- Pet owners can take their pets for a walk within the AIRSIDE petting area, but they must be tied up on a leash not exceeding 1.5 meters in length at all times.
- Pet owners should ensure that their pets are within their control at all times in AIRSIDE and effectively prevent their pets from causing nuisance or danger to others.
- Pet owners should prevent their pets from making excessive noise in AIRSIDE.
- Pet owners should keep the AIRSIDE petting area clean and sanitary, and should immediately use their own prepared sealed bags, containers and/or tools to clean up their pet's excrement.
Based on the current food and environmental regulations, dogs are not allowed to enter restaurants and supermarkets; there are many shopping malls in Hong Kong, and there may be more pet-friendly shopping malls that have yet to be discovered. If there are any errors or omissions in the above list, you are very welcome to correct or add to it!
Taking your pet to the mall is not an easy task and requires sufficient preparation and consideration. If you can follow the above suggestions, I believe you and your pet can have a good time in the mall.