Motivation for cats to scratch their claws? What do cats like to catch? Where should the cat climbing frame be placed?
If you have a cat, you must know that the favorite activity of cats is to scratch and touch everywhere. Many furniture in the home will inevitably leave traces of cat claws. Therefore, many homes have to set up cat trees, cat climbing frames and other equipment , so that the cat can relax.
But do you know why cats have this habit? And how to choose the climbing frame and set the location according to the cat's habits?
This article will solve the above problems in one go, so that you can choose the most suitable play discharge device for your kitten in ten minutes.
Catalog of articles about cat tree cat climbing frame jumping platform
1. Why do cats sharpen their claws? What is the function of the cat climbing frame?
Regarding the habit of cats climbing on cat trees and cats grinding their claws, we must first understand how cats lived before they became domestic cats.
In fact, cats in the world, like lions and tigers , need to sharpen their claws, mainly because the claws will continue to grow. If they are not trimmed regularly, the claws will easily become too long, which may hurt their own meat pads , or may be damaged by walking. Making noises affects their hunting success .
On the other hand, the motive of grinding claws is to declare sovereignty . Cats will mark their own territory through claw marks and the smell secreted on meat pads. Therefore, cat owners will find that cats seem to have special feelings for certain places or things. Clock's "catch".
That's right, they like this area, they attach great importance to this area , and want to shed claw marks or their own smell as much as possible in this area, just like hanging their own nameplate on this place, the cat climbing frame (claw grinding board) is therefore It came into being to meet the needs of cats; because in the wild, all kinds of cats use tree trunks, stones or any rough things to sharpen their claws, but now cats have lived with people, and of course they have to find some at home. Something to sharpen the claws.
Don't think that cutting its nails can avoid it. Claw grinding has been their native behavior pattern for tens of thousands of years, so although their nails have been cut, they still need to grind their claws .
⚠️Also, be careful not to take cats for de-claw surgery, this is a very cruel and inhumane thing , and you must not go for de-claw surgery because you don’t like the habit of cats.
2. What do cats like to catch? What are the cat climbing frame scratch boards on the market?
Now that we understand that cats sharpen their claws to trim their nails and declare their territory, then we should understand what cats like to scratch.
Knowing how, where, and how they grasp can make us more comfortable when purchasing cat climbing frame scratching boards (claw grinding boards).
Knowing the physical characteristics that cats like to scratch, we must follow the following two unbreakable laws:
- To be able to sink the claws into
- At the same time, there will be traces after scratching
Therefore, some people think that the furniture made of anti-cat scratch cloth/technical cloth will not be scratched by cats, but this is not the case. The texture of anti-scratch cloth is so fine that cats’ paws cannot get in , so cats don’t like to scratch. It does not meet the needs of cats to catch.
Cat: "The sofa is not easy to catch, so I'll grab the pillow and quilt!"
Therefore, materials such as carpet, corrugated paper, softer wood, and linen are all very suitable materials. Therefore, almost all the above-mentioned materials are available for cat climbing frame scratching boards (claw grinding boards), but it is really necessary to try what kind of material the cat owner likes.
3. Do you have any recommendations for cat climbing frames?
Cat climbing frame seriesDepending on the needs of cats, it is one of the responsibilities of the owner to choose cat climbing frames of different sizes and heights; it is also our pleasure to satisfy the nature of cats grinding their claws.
Summer Cool Linen Imitation Rattan Hemp Rope Catch Post Cat Climbing Frame (Upgraded 8-layer Model｜158cm)Specials as low as $1,399.00
Norwegian Fengduo Cat Large Sisal Cat Scratching Column Cat Villa Jumping Platform (Large 6 Layers｜130cm)Specials as low as $1,259.00
4. Where should the cat tree cat climbing frame be placed? Can cats be trained to scratch?
To put it simply, we must first remember the following points, which are all in line with the cat’s daily routine :
- Cats like to scratch before bed or when they are full, so it can be placed near the sleeping area
- Don't put it near the litter box , usually the cat will go away after going to the toilet
- If you have already started grabbing furniture, you can also place it near these furniture first
According to the living and resting habits of cats, look at the position of their daily routine, and then decide to put it in a suitable place. Therefore, there is no definitive answer to the position of the cat climbing frame.
5. How to make cats like the cat climbing frame? So how to speed up the cat's love for the cat tree and the cat climbing frame?
We also provide the following methods for everyone to try and quickly let cats realize the mystery of the cat tree and cat climbing frame.
- Cats usually like to grab a slightly higher place after standing on their hind feet, so the position is also very important.
- But there are also some cats who like to scratch things on the ground. At this time, the fixation or area of the cat scratching board is also important. Otherwise, they will move after grabbing something, and your cat will soon dislike it.
- Let cats quickly like the new cat climbing frame. In addition to the material, position and posture, small props can be used, such as cat grass, catnip essential oil, etc. , to quickly let the cat discover the existence of this good thing. Let the cat start to use the cat climbing frame correctly instead of the furniture in the house early.
- Sometimes cats really love something more than gold after they see something. At this time, there are some ways to train the cat. The first is of course to block it directly, such as using plastic cloth or other objects to block it, and put new claws nearby. You can use it on the board, or spray the things that cats don't like, such as essential oils such as mentholatum peppermint cream and orange citrus lemon , on the things he likes to grab.
- When you see a cat grabbing an incorrect item, give an appropriate warning, but don't scold it afterwards , because it will have no idea what mistake it made.
All in all, cats need care and love very much. Do n't completely ignore their need to sharpen their claws just because you don't like cats' habits and nature.
Therefore, when purchasing a cat tree and cat climbing frame, you must first understand the habits and preferences of the cats at home, and choose the most suitable cat tree. At that time, the cats and cats will have fun, and we will have fun watching, and there will be less furniture. The trouble of destruction is really a very happy thing in the life of raising a cat.